I made these savory cakes for one of my meat free Monday’s and they tasted light and fluffy due to the ricotta cheese. This recipe makes about 18 cakes depending on how big you like them. Use any leftovers for breakfast or lunch the next day with a salad. You are getting in your leafy greens here so plenty of B vitamins which are know to prevent mood disorders, including depression. So don’t allow Monday’s to get you down….
3 sweet potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
half tsp cayenne pepper
250g mix of Kale and baby Spinach
190g frozen peas
1 lemon grated and cut into wedges
4 spring onions thinly sliced
2tbsp grated Parmigiano Reggiano
3 organic free-range eggs
75g wholemeal or sourdough breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges and mix with a little oil and cayenne pepper. Spread out on a baking tray and roast for 25-30 mins until browned.
- Meanwhile cook the Kale and Spinach in a large pan of boiling water for 1 min then add the peas for a further 2 mins. Drain well and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Grate the lemon zest.
- Add the Kale, Spinach and Pea mix to a food processor and the remaining ingredients. Pulse to mix it all together.
- Heat a little oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook spoonful’s of the mixture in batches for 4-5 mins on each side until golden. Serve with the sweet potato wedges and lemon wedges.