Make these yummy peanut butter balls that can be made super quickly. No baking required. They are perfect as an afternoon pick-me-up or enjoyed with a mid morning coffee.
Approx 30 balls
150g dark chocolate – 70% cocoa solids broken into pieces
14 pitted Medjool dates (or other pitted dates)
Pinch of cinnamon
2 tbs melted coconut oil
8 tbs peanut butter
125ml chickpea water from a can. Use leftover chickpeas in a salad or add to a stew/shepherds pie/curry etc
Pinch of salt
1. Pulse the dark chocolate in a food processor until it resembles smaller chunks. Put in a large bowl.
2. Now place the dates in the processor and blend until a paste is formed.
3. Add the oats, cinnamon, coconut oil, peanut butter, chickpea water and pinch of salt. Blend until mixed and sticky.
4. If your processor is big enough add the chocolate pieces and pulse a few times until mixed. Or mix everything together in the large bowl containing the chocolate pieces with a wooden spoon. It is quite sticky!
5. Place in the fridge for 20 mins to firm up.
6. Roll into balls approx golf ball size.
7. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week – if they last that long!