These are perfect for breakfast served with natural yoghurt or with an afternoon cup of green tea. The walnuts give a bit of crunch and the kitchen smells heavenly. They are vegan friendly too!
Makes 10-12 muffins
4 medium ripe bananas
15g ground flaxseed and 75ml of water combined
60ml melted coconut oil
80ml maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla essence
300g ground almonds
50g gluten free oats
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
75g chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Mix the flaxseed and water. Let it sit and mix again after 2 minutes. Leave to sit once more. It should have the consistency of a raw egg.
- Melt the coconut oil.
- Line your muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Get your blender and add the bananas, vanilla, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and flaxseed & water mix. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: ground almonds, oats, baking powder, cinnamon.
- Next, add in the wet ingredients from the blender to the dry ingredients in the bowl and mix. Then fold in the chopped walnuts to the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into each muffin case all the way to the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.