Ole! Bring a bit of Spain in to your kitchen. Pour a glass of Rioja or a glass of Cava, play some flamenco tunes, and get your biggest pan out. You need paella rice for this dish which you can find in most supermarkets.
1 tbsp olive oil
2 chicken breasts cut into chunks
2 onions finely sliced
1 garlic clove crushed
140g chorizo, sliced
Pinch of saffron
300g paella rice
850ml chicken or vegetable stock
200g frozen peas
1 lemon cut into wedges to serve
Bunch of flat leave parsley chopped to serve
- Heat 1tbsp olive oil in a deep frying pan over a high heat.
- Add the chopped chicken chunks and brown all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the sliced onion & cook for roughly 10 mins until softened.
- Add the garlic clove and stir for 1 min. Then add the sliced chorizo and fry until it releases its oils.
- Stir in the turmeric, paprika and saffron, then the paella rice. Stir to coat the rice in the oils and spices for 2 mins.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
- Return the chicken to the pan and simmer for 20 mins stirring occasionally.
- Add the frozen peas and simmer for a further 5 mins.
- Season and serve with the lemon wedges and chopped parsley