This is super filling and busting with flavours – ginger, garlic, chilli, coriander and turmeric. The quinoa is cooked in the creamy coconut milk curry mix. You may find it too filling with the new potatoes too so feel free to leave them out or add less. And of course ,I had to thrown in spinach for added nutrients, antioxidants and colour!
500g new potatoes halved
3 garlic cloves crushed
3 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp chilli flakes or chilli powder
1 tbsp tomato puree
400g coconut milk
400g can chopped tomatoes
300ml boiled water
400g chickpeas drained & rinsed
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the potatoes and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Place the potatoes in a large pan. Add the garlic, turmeric, coriander, ginger, chilli, tomato puree, coconut milk and can of chopped tomatoes. Bring to the boil.
- Season with Salt and Pepper then add the quinoa with 300ml of boiled water.
- Place a lid on the pan and simmer for 30 mins stirring often.
- After 15 mins, halfway through, add the chickpeas. Stir.
- Add the spinach at the 25 mins stage and stir it in until it wilts.
- Serve and enjoy.