This is such a popular one. Each time I post it, I get asked for the recipe. Well, here it is! It takes roughly 20 mins to prep and 15 mins to cook and packed with flavour. I use up leftover baby boiled potatoes to make the potato croutons instead of oven chips occasionally. Use any salad leaves you want or even baby spinach leaves. I love the flavour of peppery rocket or watercress with this salad.
2 skinless chicken breasts
3 tbsp sweet chilli dipping sauce
2 tbsp lime juice
175g oven chips
6 streaky bacon slices
Salad leaves – use as much as you desire
4 spring onions sliced
2 small avocados peeled, stoned and cut into wedges
- Heat the oven 220C. Place the chicken in a shallow dish and brush both sides with 1tbsp of the sweet chilli dipping sauce.
- Dice the oven chips to make the croutons or if using baby potatoes cut into small sizes to make the croutons.
- Using a large baking tray, place the chicken on it, scatter around the potato croutons and add the streaky bacon slices. Place in the oven for 15 mins until the potatoes and bacon are crispy and the chicken is cooked.
- Whilst that is cooking, make the dressing. Mix the remaining 2 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce with the lime juice and 1 tbsp of water.
- Toss the salad leaves, spring onions and avocados in half the dressing and place on a serving platter or large shallow bowl.
- When cooked, slice the chicken and place on top of the salad along with the bacon and potato croutons. Drizzle over the remaining dressing and eat while warm.