Here’s a great one pan meal filled with Omega 3, protein, B vitamins, minerals, vitamin C and Fiber, to name but a few of the healthy benefits from this tasty meal. I like to serve it with some crusty sourdough to mop up the delicious broth. Glass of chilled white wine optional!
2 tbsp olive oil
4 rindless streaky bacon cut into small pieces
1 onion finely sliced
2 garlic cloves crushed
2 thick skinless cod fillets
150g frozen peas
250ml chicken stock
2 large handfuls of shredded green cabbage
3 tbsp crème fraiche
- Season the cod with black pepper and place to one side.
- Heat the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan then add the bacon, onion and garlic. Cook gently for 3 – 4 mins then push to side of the pan.
- Add the cod fillets and fry in the pan for 2 mins then turn over.
- Next add the peas and stock. Bring to a simmer for a further 2 mins.
- Add the cabbage and crème fraiche stirring gently for another 2-3 mins.
- Serve with the fish on top of the broth