I made these tasty 5 ingredient Deliciously Ella breakfast cookies recently and have had so many requests for the recipe I just had to share. They are quick and easy to make, healthy, and filled with fibre and plant protein. I like to have mine mid-morning with a coffee and they make a great breakfast-on-the go for those days when you are running behind schedule.
Makes 6-8 cookies
2 large (or 3 small) overripe bananas
1 tbsp coconut oil melted
130g porridge oats
3 tbsp almond or oat milk
4 tbsp smooth creamy peanut or almond butter
Handful of raisins – optional
Pinch of cinnamon – optional
Chocolate chips or a pinch of salt – optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Peel and place the ripe bananas in a large mixing bowl and mash. Add the melted coconut oil, oats, almond milk, peanut butter and any optional extra’s. I added raisins and a pinch of cinnamon to mine. Mix it all together.
- Place 1 large tbsp of cookie mixture in your hand and mould into a ball. Place onto the lined tray and flatten a little to make the cookie shape. Keep going until all the mixture is used.
- Bake for 15-18 mins until golden. Remove from the oven. Leave to cool at room temperature. Boil the kettle and enjoy!
- Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.