This delicious Dijon mustard glaze makes a wonderful change from the usual soy or Teriyaki glazes for the super healthy omega 3 rich salmon. Kale is the Queen of the Greens as it is one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet containing powerful antioxidants, proteins, minerals and fiber.
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp brown or coconut sugar
Salt & Pepper
2 salmon fillets
950 ml chicken bone broth or chicken stock
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
Bunch of fresh parsley finely chopped
Bunch of fresh chives finely chopped
1 lemon zested
½ lemon juiced
220g fresh kale
2 garlic cloves sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Make the salmon glaze by mixing the Dijon mustard, coconut sugar and salt and pepper together. Smother it all over the 2 salmon fillets.
- Meanwhile cook the orzo in the bone broth or stock for 6-8 minutes. Drain and return to the pot. Toss with the olive oil, butter, parsley, chives and lemon zest. Cover and keep warm for plating.
- Place the salmon in the oven for 4-6 minutes until cooked through.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan. Add the garlic then the Kale and sauté for 3- 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Layer the kale, then herbed orzo followed by the salmon fillet on a serving plate. Add lemon wedges.