- Diets Don’t Work: They are effective at helping you loose weight but not to keep it off for good. I have seen countless friends and family yo-yo dieting. How many times have you tried a diet and lost weight only to gain it back and possibly more? Deprivation is soul destroying. As is calorie counting
- Eat Real Foods: I am talking about foods in their natural form. Not packaged or processed with several ingredients you don’t recognize or are unable to pronounce
- Eat More Plants: These are the most nutrient dense foods on the planet and help support digestion as well as your body and mind. Keep it interesting by eating a variety of rainbow coloured vegetables
- Ditch the Junk Food and Sugar: Type 2 diabetes and obesity is on the increase. Sugar is highly addictive causing sugar spikes and that dreaded slump when levels drop. Make healthy food swaps that have you focus on what you can eat rather than what you can’t.
- Move and Up your Water intake: Both are just a natural side effect of living well. Movement and exercise improve your immune system, improve your mental well being amongst a long list of health benefits. Aim for 8 glasses of water a day (1.5 litres), more if you exercise.
- Sleep Well: During sleep we allow the body to actively recover itself. Take time to wind down in the evenings and develop a nighttime routine.
- Primary Foods: These are non food sources of nourishment. Work, Relationships, Exercise and Spirituality. These need to be in balance for overall lasting health. Take time out for yourself.
- Bio –individuality: We are unique and our needs change over time. Food, diet and exercise are not a one size fits all. Learn to adapt and accept that what once worked for you possibly no longer does.
- Have Fun: Life is short and things change in a heartbeat. Have a glass of wine, piece of dark chocolate, turn up the music and dance. It’s all about balance.
Life can become stagnant and stressful. I’m here to help you move forward, keep you on track and accountable and live the life you’ve always wanted.