This was the first page I opened from Deliciously Ella’s new cookbook Quick & Easy. So, I took it as a sign and got baking these vegan cookies. They are so easy to make, incredibly delicious, a little crispy on the outside, soft in the middle and full of big chocolate chunks. A perfect addition to my morning coffee.
Makes 10-12 cookies
5 tbsp melted coconut oil
100g coconut sugar or demerara sugar
150g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
50-100g dark chocolate chips or mixed chocolate. Chop chocolate if you prefer
5 tbsp almond or oat milk
2 tbsp almond butter or any other nut butter. I used peanut butter
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven 170C and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper or baking parchment.
- Place the melted coconut oil in a bowl and mix in the sugar, flour, baking powder and chocolate.
- Add the almond milk, butter and salt and mix well. It should look crumbly and a bit sticky.
- Using approximately 1 tbsp of mixture per cookie, press the mixture firmly together and shape it into a ball.
- Place the cookie balls on the lined baking tray really well spaced out as they spread quite a bit as they bake!
- Bake for 12 mins. They should still be a little soft when you remove them from the oven. Allow them to cool before devouring.