Whilst this may resemble a pizza, it actually has a puff pastry base. A Florentine style recipe contains spinach. I have added cheese and eggs here. I would usually put mozzarella but improvised with feta cheese and it was equally as delicious. This makes a perfect Sunday brunch served with a Bellini.
Serves 1 – 2 if sharing
20cm x 20cm puff pastry rolled out to form a circular shape
4 tbsp passata
Half a mozzarella ball torn into chunks or feta cheese crumbled
1 egg or more
- Preheat the oven 170C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Cut out the circular shape from the puff pastry. You can use a dinner plate as a template or cake tin base. Place on the baking tray.
- Lightly score a 1cm border around the edge with a knife and using a fork, prick the inner circle a few times. This is to prevent it rising.
- Spread the passata onto the pastry staying away from the border. Season with salt and pepper and a pinch of dried oregano.
- Add the mozzarella or cheese of choice and spinach leaves.
- Bake in the oven for 10 mins.
- Remove and add your eggs.
- Return to the oven for further 10 mins until the egg white is cooked and the yolk is still runny. Season to taste.