Super healthy and deliciously creamy. This is another of my go to favourites as not much work is involved! I serve it with brown basmati rice but you could use plain rice, crusty baguette or tagliatelle. A small glass of red wine compliments this well too!
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion chopped
2 garlic cloves chopped
1 tsp paprika
1 green pepper chopped
200g mushrooms sliced
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
150 ml beef stock
200g lean rump steak sliced and fat removed
150ml fat free fromage frais or 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the onion for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and paprika and cook for 1-2 mins to release the aroma.
- Add the pepper and mushrooms to the pan and cook for 5-8 mins until softened.
- Add the red wine vinegar and bring to the boil. When it is almost evaporated pour over the stock and allow it to boil for a few minutes until thickened slightly.
- Add the beef. If you like it pink then 2-3 mins should do however, I like mine cooked through so I allow it to simmer for 8-10 Season with salt & pepper.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the fromage frais or Greek yoghurt if using. If you add it before whilst still on the heat it may curdle.