The thing you really have to be cautious of here is not to overcook the black beans or else they come out like little lumps of coal!
2 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 tbsp soft light brown sugar or coconut sugar
1 lime zested then juiced
1 garlic clove crushed
2 tbsp olive oil
2 peppers cut into chunks
1 red onion peeled and cut into wedges
1 x 400g can black beans, drained
2 salmon fillets
1 large avocado roughly chopped
Half a mango roughly chopped
1 red chilli finely chopped
Small bunch of coriander roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Mix the paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, sugar, lime zest, garlic and oil in a bowl to make a paste. Add a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Place the peppers & onions in another bowl and add half the paste. Give it all a good toss and place on a large baking sheet or roasting tin. Cook for 25 mins.
- Brush the remaining paste over the top of the salmon fillets.
- Remove the tray from the oven and add the black beans. Give it all a good mix. Place the salmon fillets on top skin side down. Bake for a further 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. In a bowl add the chopped avocado and mango, chilli, coriander and the lime juice from the zested lime. Add a pinch of salt and give a good mix.
- Remove from the oven. Serve the salmon with the salsa.