Not just for Thanksgiving or Christmas! Turkey is low in saturated fat so is a great substitute for mince beef, pork or chicken. You can use Quorn mince in this recipe also.
Turkey is high in Zinc (immune boosting), B vitamins (multiple benefits including mental health, metabolism), phosphorous (healthy bones and teeth), tryptophan (sleep, anxiety relief), selenium (thyroid health), protein (build and repair muscles).
1 tbsp olive oil
250g turkey mince
2 garlic cloves chopped
100g green beans halved
100g mange tout sliced
4 baby corn
6 spring onions sliced
4 tbsp hoisin sauce
Juice 1 lime
2 tbsp chilli sauce
150g straight to wok rice noodles
- In a bowl, mix together the hoisin sauce, lime juice and chilli sauce.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the turkey mince and fry until browned.
- Add the garlic and fry for 1 min.
- Add the beans, mange tout, corn and half the spring onions. Fry for 2 mins.
- Stir in the sauce then add the noodles and heat through.
- Serve with the remaining spring onions scattered on top.