This is a great super healthy main course salad. It is tasty, filling and the longest part is cooking the potatoes! I like to add 2 cans of tuna as I just love it but the recipe only calls for 1.
500g new potatoes halved or baby salad potatoes
2 tbsp pesto
4 tbsp olive oil
250g cherry tomatoes
175g can of tuna
200g green beans halved
2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves
2 boiled eggs
- Place the potatoes in a pan of boiling water. Return to the boil then simmer for 8-10 mins until tender. Add the halved beans to the potatoes for the final 3 mins of cooking time.
- Bring a separate small pan of water to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and add the eggs for 6-8 mins depending how hard or soft you like your eggs.
- Meanwhile, mix the pesto and olive oil to make the dressing. Drain and flake the tuna.
- Drain the eggs. Drain the potatoes and beans and tip into a large salad bowl. Stir in the spinach so it may wilt a little from the heat.
- Add the tomatoes and flaked tuna. Peel and slice the eggs.
- Drizzle the pesto dressing over the salad and gently toss together. Place the sliced eggs decoratively around the edges.